Law Firms, Clients and the ESG Agenda: What is Your Role?
Domains: Business of Law, Client Services
In this panel session, we will dive into what ESG actually means, best practices and stakeholder expectations. We’ll explore how clients and law firms are placing a greater focus on ESG, and the role of Marketing & Business Development to support a more sustainable and equitable future.
Our expert panel will provide practical advice on:
- Do law firms need to get their own ESG strategy in order before advising their clients?
- What does “purpose” mean to law firms and clients?
- How are law firms organizing themselves to support their clients’ ESG strategy?
- How do you market ESG and what is most effective?
- What role can we play to shape a firm’s internal and external ESG strategy?
- What key considerations and challenges should you be aware of, and how can you navigate them?
You'll learn how to:
- Articulate the importance of a clear ESG strategy to your firm’s leadership
- Discuss how to use your role as an M&BD professional in shaping your firm’s internal and external ESG strategy
- Share case studies and best practice that you can bring back to your firm’s leadership on how to market “ESG”
Ryan Hillier, Managing Partner, Novalex
Phillip McGowan, Director of Corporate Communications, Reed Smith
Karen Morton, Head of Marketing & Business Development: Europe, Middle East & Africa, Hogan Lovells
Jo Summers, Chief Client Officer, Lamp House Strategy